Whistler Activity Ideas for the Aug 12th Weekend
The weekend ahead is looking gorgeous with highs of 27°C, we've come up with three activities to make the most of the weekend and our favourite places for ice cream or delicious treat.
Crankworx Whistler officially starts today! There are training sessions, competitions and kids events all throughout the weekend.
Friday, August 12th, 2016 Events:
- 8am – 12pm - Kidsworx Enduro - competition
- 8am – 3pm / SRAM Canadian Open Challenger Enduro presented by CamelBak
- 8am – 9pm / SRAM Canadian Open Enduro presented by Specialized - Training
- 2pm - 5pm / Clif Bar Dual Speed and Style - Training
Saturday, August 13th, 2016 Events:
- 9am - 12pm / Kidsworx Scavenger Hunt and Run Bike Races
- 1pm - 3pm / Kidsworx Village Crit
- 8am – 8pm / SRAM Canadian open Enduro presented by Specialized - Training
- 9am - 7pm / Clif Bar Dual Speed and Style - Training, Seeding, Qualification, Training (top 32 finalists), Final and Live Webcast Final.
Sunday, August 14th, 2016 Events:
- 9am – 12pm – Liv A-Line Women’s Only Session
- 10am - 5pm / Kidsworx Wooden Pump Track Daily Sessions
- 10 - 1pm / Kidsworx Speedster Time Trials
- 7:30am - 7pm / SRAM Canadian open Enduro presented by Specialized - Stages 1 to 4, Stage 5 and Stage 5 Live Webcast Final
Full Crankworx Schedule.
Alpine Sightseeing, a Hike and the Mountain Top BBQ
This weekend combine Peak 2 Peak and Whistler Peak Chair Alpine Sightseeing, with a hike on Whistler or Blackcomb and the Mountain Top BBQ.
Take a ride on the world record breaking Peak to Peak Gondola, and an open air chair lift ride on the Peak Chair to the top of Whistler Mountain at 2240 meters. Choose from over 50km of hiking trails spread out over Whistler and Blackcomb. Experience magnificent views of alpine vistas, surrounding peaks, the Whistler Valley and beyond.
After a day of exploring Whistler and Blackcomb head to Whistler’s Roundhouse Lodge for a BBQ feast with delicious salads and desserts, as well as live music. The Mountain Top BBQ Series takes place every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from June 24th – Sept 4th. Dine inside or out on the scenic patio. Experience great food, good company, extraordinary views and live music all at 1800 meters.
Kids Adventure Zone and Sunday Farmers Market
Head to Whistler’s Upper Village for some family fun this weekend. The Nintendo Family Adventure Zone offers 11 activities for the kids:
- West Coaster Slide
- Mario and Friends Mini Golf
- Balloon Slide and Bouncy Castle
- Batter up Batting Cage
- Free Fall Airbag
- Glitter Tattoos
- Hot Wheels Electric Go Carts
- Kiss the Ski Bungy Trampoline
- Rope Zone
- Spider Web
- Spin Cycle Human Gyroscope
While the kids place at the Family Adventure Zone visit the Sunday Whistler Farmers’ Market right beside the Adventure Zone. There are 120 vendors all offering something uniquely local. There are rotating potters, jewelers, clothing designers, and artists. Local fresh vegetables and fruit from the Pemberton Valley and Sea to Sky area. There is also live music and entertainment, and the ever popular Sargent Poppers with delicious kettle corn popcorn.
Whistler’s best places to enjoy an ice cream from or a delicious treat are: