Planning a Summer Vacation to Whistler
Things to consider when planning a summer vacation to Whistler:
1. Type of vacation
What sort of vacation are you looking for?
- Quiet, peaceful and relaxing
- Mix of relaxation and adventure
- Action packed and filled with every activity possible
How do you want to spend your time in Whistler? Take a look at the activities that are offered here. ATVing, canoeing, hiking, zip trekking, sighseeing, biking, the options are endless. Have a rough idea of a few things that you would like to do, you can book ahead of time or wait until you arrive and get recommendations from Whistler locals.
With there being a festival almost every weekend throughout the summer, is there one that you are interested in? A few examples being:
- If you have children, visit over the Whistler Children’s Art Festival from July 12th to 13th.
- If you are a Yogi, visit over the Wanderlust Festival from July 31 to August 4th.
- If you like mountain biking and big parties, visit over Crankworx from August 8th to 17th.
- If you have always wanted to see the Vancouver Symphony Orchastra, visit from July 1st - 5th.
- If you love great BBQ food and good competition, visit during The Canadian National BBQ Championship from August 1st to 3rd.
For a full list of festivals and events visit our events calendar.
What sort of accommodation best fits your needs and wants?
- Where do you want to be located? In the hustle and bustle of Whistler Village or in the laid back Whistler Creekside?
- What in room amenities are you looking for? A full suite with a kitchen or just the basics of a studio room?
- What hotel amenities are you looking for? Outdoor pool, Hot tub, Sauna or Gym?
All of Lodging Ovations properties have fully equipped suites, with outdoor pools and hot tubs. For a complete list of in suite and building amenities visit our accommodation section.
Whistler summers offer something for everyone and with the predicted hot weather, this summer is shaping up to be one of the best. Don't miss out, plan your vacation now & experience all that Whistler has to offer.
Photo Credit: Mike Crane - AVTing and Chad Chomlack - Whistler Children's Art Festival